• 10x10 (100 sq. ft.) - Roughly as big as a 1-car garage or average sized bedroom. Expect to fit in the contents of a small, 1-bedroom apartment (2-3 rooms without big appliances). Accepts many small boxes, or approximately 4 pickup loads.
• 10x15 (150 sq. ft.) - This is about the size of a large bedroom, and should accept the contents of a 2-bedroom apartment (3-4 rooms overall), or a small car.
• 10x20 (200 sq. ft.) - Envision a space large enough to fit in the contents of a 2-3 bedroom home plus appliances. Or perhaps a small car, truck, or boat and trailer.
• 12x36 (432 sq. ft.) - This is a huge unit, roughly the size of a 2-car garage. It should accommodate the contents of a 4-5 bedroom house (other rooms too).
Before renting, ask to see an empty unit to get a feel for the space you can fill.
• 5x5 (25 sq. ft.) - Roughly a closet. Fit in small furniture, tools, personal items, office supplies, records, and clothes. Accepts 10-15 boxes or 1 pickup load.
• 5x10 (50 sq. ft.) - Essentially a big walk-in closet. Accepts 1 room of large furniture (sofa, chair, chest of drawers), mattresses, lawn mowers, garden tools, bikes, and outdoor furniture. You can fit about 20-30 boxes, or 2 pickup truck loads.